#theFormDiv { display:none; position:absolute; top:4em; left:4em; background-color:#EEE; border:1px solid #000; padding:1em; margin:3em; width:20em; } .nocss { display:none; }

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ice skating in Downtown Boulder



When I was a little girl, I must have watched the movie Ice Castles at least 100 times. As I got a bit older, I loved The Cutting Edge. One of my favorite scenes in Beautiful Girls is at the frozen lake where Marty is skating and having the conversation with Willie about Christopher Robin and Winnie The Pooh. As much as I seem to enjoy watching people skate in the movies, I've never really been overly anxious to be on the ice myself.

I bring this up because I was recently walking past the Ice Rink at One Boulder Plaza at 1801 13th Street in Downtown Boulder and noticed a dad there with his two little girls. The poor guy couldn't maintain his balance for even a minute. The girls would roar with laughter every time he fell but were always right there beside him to hold his hand and help him up. For as much pain as he must have felt on his backside, he had a huge smile on his face and it seemed as though there was no where else in the world he'd rather be.

I felt inspired by this man's joy and decided that maybe before the end of the season (the ice rink will be open until February 16 - click here for their schedule), I will grab my I-Pod, upload 'Through the Eyes of Love' (all you Ice Castles fans will know what I'm talking about) and head out for for a spin or two around the ice. Whether you are Dorothy Hamill, Scott Hamilton or just someone who is ready to get out on the ice with your family and friends, check out the Ice Rink at One Boulder Plaza and enjoy all there is to see and do in picturesque Downtown Boulder!

Bookmark and Share
posted by Anonymous @ Thursday, January 15, 2009   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home