#theFormDiv { display:none; position:absolute; top:4em; left:4em; background-color:#EEE; border:1px solid #000; padding:1em; margin:3em; width:20em; } .nocss { display:none; }

Monday, December 14, 2009

National Cupcake Day




National Cupcake Day is tomorrow and a way better idea than turning off the lights at lunch (no offense Xcel, great strategy). As if you needed an excuse to go grab a cupcake.

Perhaps that is what started the cupcake trend, just a little bit of decadence. Admit it, even those Safeway cakes are tempting. Yet, I never had the nerve to ask for a sheet cake emblazoned with "Happy Tuesday Night Ian." I never have a problem walking into Tee and Cakes and asking for a half dozen cupcakes. I can even pretend they are for friends, coworkers or some other extravagance.

You can't do that with a cake, you need people to share a cake with. National Cupcake day is the great social equalizer. But in honor of the occasion I think I may actually get a real cake, wishing me and all my friends a Happy National Cupcake Day.

-Ian

"I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake." - Mitch Hedberg

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Anonymous @ Monday, December 14, 2009   1 comments