#theFormDiv { display:none; position:absolute; top:4em; left:4em; background-color:#EEE; border:1px solid #000; padding:1em; margin:3em; width:20em; } .nocss { display:none; }

Monday, August 09, 2010

Dont tell my RA, but this picture is actually me

Sigh.
It's the second week in August, and that means back to school for everyone but me. As a child, I'd watch out the window for the mailman like a vicious Doberman. The second I spotted him, I'd race out to see if today was the day he was going to deliver my highly anticipated school supply list. The second I got my anxious little paws on it, I begged my mom to go shopping. Something about new, clean notebooks and crayons with perfect points drove this little redhead wild, and still does. Alas, this year I won't get to indulge on the smell of fresh paper. Graduating is overrated.

Good thing there is a new crop of freshman to take my place. 6000 of them to be exact. Next week, the out-of-state orientation begins, and if you've never been in Boulder this time of year, you're in for a treat (read: sarcasm). Not only are the 6000 freshman here, their moms and dads are too, and siblings and grandma, if we're lucky. It would be a good week to ride your bike to work to say the least. Driving 5 miles will take 20 minutes. Also, avoid Target for a good 3 weeks, if you can. The freshman pick the place bone dry like the Grinch on Christmas Eve. They will spend about $821 dollars on back to school spending, slightly more than other classes. That totals over $240 million dollars for Boulder over the next few weeks. Hotels and restaurants will be booked solid, so if you have a date or celebration coming up, you might be SOL. Good news for downtown Boulder businesses though!

If I sound bitter, you're spot on. I'm so incredibly jealous of the little 18 year old's I could stuff one in a closet and steal their identity. My four years at CU were the greatest of my life, and I wish the time machine had been perfected so I could go back and do it all again. Yes, the dorms and all.

So if you're near campus next week and hear muffled sounds coming from a trash can that has a top mysteriously chained on, don't worry about it, I'll occasionally toss them some scraps from Libby Dining Hall.

Gotta go, party on the hill in twenty.

-Gage, class of 2014

Bookmark and Share
posted by Anonymous @ Monday, August 09, 2010   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home