#theFormDiv { display:none; position:absolute; top:4em; left:4em; background-color:#EEE; border:1px solid #000; padding:1em; margin:3em; width:20em; } .nocss { display:none; }

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'd like one trip to Washington, hold the rain, please.


It's that time of year again; where packing seems to take over my free time, and Target trips become more important than sleeping. Yes, Downtown Boulder readers, it is officially college move-in season. I am headed back to the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. But before I go, I'm hosting a friend from school in Boulder for a few days. And while I am extremely excited for her visit, she has made one HUGE error in her trip planning. She's only coming to Boulder for 3 days. Why anyone in their right mind would do that is beyond me, but I think I have what will be a very successful plan for her short time here.

Even though my friend (being from Seattle) has said that I could just show her the sun for the whole time and she'd be happy, I think I can do better than that. This may come as a shock, but I am going to try and spend as much time in Downtown Boulder as possible (and I'm not just saying that because I work here). It really is the best place to bring out of towners if you don't have much time to give them a taste of Boulder. You can see the Flatirons, get a Boulder t-shirt, and Boulder postcards. And on top of that, you can get in some seriously fun "Boulderite watching". Which for those of you that don't spend much time downtown, is just a WAY more interesting version of "people watching". So, the next time you're down here, pause to take a look around at all the awesome people, you will not be bored.

I am a little stressed out about showing her all I want to show her, but I'm sure once I wade through all the awesome things to do in Boulder that it will be a first-rate visit (as long as she plans on not sleeping).

All things considered, there really is no better feeling than getting the chance to show off the place where I have had the privilege of growing up, especially with it being beautiful Boulder. I will definitely miss it a lot.

Time to go pack my raincoat... peace out Boulder!

-Erin

Bookmark and Share
posted by Anonymous @ Thursday, August 12, 2010   1 comments

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2011, Anonymous nike outlet stores said...

I like this website.This website helped me with prayer learning.and welcome to visit our website href=" http://www.2012-mall.com/" title="nike outlet stores">nike outlet stores.thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home