#theFormDiv { display:none; position:absolute; top:4em; left:4em; background-color:#EEE; border:1px solid #000; padding:1em; margin:3em; width:20em; } .nocss { display:none; }

Monday, August 30, 2010

Signing off...


As I sit here staring at the chocolate cupcake Eli fetched me from the kitchen this morning, and debate whether to eat it or not, I'm sad it's my last day as communications intern here at Downtown Boulder. No more free Monday morning treats for me. :( Hopefully, I'll be heading into the real world with some sort of brand/design/advertising/social media job, but in reality, I'll probably just intern again. Sigh.

If you or anyone you know is looking for an internship, you should take my position. I've had my share of internships, and it really is on the top tier of working for free. You get all the free coffee and tea you want, a nice comfy chair, and the opportunity to exchange witty banter with the redheaded man a seat away. You can view the listing on Craigslist here. Do it!

Probably the most important thing I've learned here is how social media can tie a community together. Reading Downtown Boulder's twitter feed everyday has exposed me to so many different social media marketing strategies, some of which are more successful than others. If you aren't on Twitter following @downtownboulder and downtown businesses, you are missing out on a whole world of culture. It is interesting to see which businesses interact with others and how relationships on Twitter evolve. Plus, you can find out about special offers, sales, and events all over downtown. For example, Atlas Purveyors offers coffees and teas for $1 if you keep an eye out for and mention their tweets. Also, Pizza Colore tweets when employee Kimmy whips up something delicious and creative. Her pies always sell out in a matter of minutes after the tweet, so you better get booking when you read one that makes your mouth water. Also, you should follow me on twitter. I don't offer deals, but I do tweet about interesting things happening in the design/ad world and the cutest animals ever, my dog and cat Sunday and Arnold.

Thanks Downtown Boulder, I'll miss you!

-Gage

PS- I gave in to the cupcake




Bookmark and Share
posted by Anonymous @ Monday, August 30, 2010   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home